Asylia Therapeutics is a biotech start-up founded by seasoned entrepreneurs to develop novel antibody drugs targeting the fundamental mechanisms governing immunity in cancer and autoimmune disease. Fueled by investments from a world-class investor syndicate led by Sporos Bioventures, Asylia’s platform centers on a drug pipeline capable of modulating antigen presentation to the immune system which has produced unprecedented anti-tumor responses across multiple cancer models.
Position: Scientist, Immunology
Candidate will be a key member for the Asylia Therapeutics team, and as such would be expected to be in keeping with company values. S/he should be a self-motivated, and productive individual that can work in a fast-paced industry environment. Ability to multi-task, as well as a collaborative and cooperative positive attitude are expected of all employees. In addition, the ideal candidate will:
- Drive the development of in vitro and in vivo immune assays to characterize the mechanism of action of antibody drug candidates
- Have expertise in isolation and enrichment of primary cell subsets from PBMC or tumor
- Have expertise in routine cell-based functional assays (including CTL killing assays, ADCP, ELISpot, Mixed lymphocyte reaction, etc.)
- Be experienced in primary cell cultures, especially T-cells and monocyte lineages
- Have experienced in other common molecular biology and other laboratory techniques including FACS, ELISA, and Immunoblot.
- Adhere to SOPs, and be capable of writing SOPs for novel methods
- Design, execute, and evaluate experiments – both independently and with others
- Assist in optimization and troubleshooting of technical challenges
- Possess good communication skills (oral and written)
- Participate and present at project meetings to discuss results
- Keep organized and detailed records using an electronic laboratory notebook
Applicant must have a doctoral degree in immunology and post-doctoral experience in immunology or immune-oncology.
- 3-5 years of postdoctoral training in immunology or immuno-oncology
- PhD, in Immunology or immuno-oncology
- Knowledge of FcReceptor signaling, Antigen Presenting Cell biology, MHC-I/MHC-II peptide presentation in APC, immune checkpoint signaling is a plus
- Direct experience various enrichment kits for cell subtype isolation
- Experience with isolation of cells from animal tumor models
- Expertise with flow cytometry techniques, and data analysis
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Incentive stock option and healthcare benefit plans available
JLABS@TMC, Houston, Texas
Apply for Position:
Asylia Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.