Asylia Therapeutics is a biotech start-up founded by seasoned entrepreneurs to develop novel antibody drugs targeting the fundamental mechanisms governing immunity in cancer and autoimmune disease. Fueled by investments from a world-class investor syndicate led by Sporos Bioventures, Asylia’s platform centers on a drug pipeline capable of modulating antigen presentation to the immune system which has produced unprecedented anti-tumor responses across multiple cancer models.
Position: Scientist, Antibody Discovery
Asylia Therapeutics Inc., (www.asyliatx.com), is a biotech start-up founded by seasoned entrepreneurs to develop novel antibody drugs targeting the fundamental mechanisms governing immunity in cancer and autoimmune disease. Fueled by investments from a world-class investor syndicate led by Sporos Bioventures, Asylia’s platform centers on a drug pipeline capable of modulating antigen presentation to the immune system which has produced unprecedented anti-tumor responses across multiple cancer models.
In recognition of the breakthrough potential of Asylia’s technology, the company was awarded the Cancer Prevention & Research Institute of Texas (CPRIT) Seed Award for Product Development Research. As Asylia continues to push forward towards a clinical candidate, the company also recently released the announcement of completion of its Series A funding.
Building upon the successes of the previous year, Asylia is looking to expand with additional team members to help advance development of its pipeline. This position represents unique opportunity for a highly motivated, talented, collaborative, and entrepreneurial scientist to contribute to the development of transformative therapies with the potential to impact the lives of millions.
Candidate will be a key member for the Asylia Therapeutics team, and as such would be expected to be in keeping with company values. S/he should be a self-motivated, and productive individual that can work in a fast-paced industry environment. Ability to multi-task, as well as a collaborative and cooperative positive attitude are expected of all employees. In addition, the ideal candidate will:
- Be experienced in aseptic tissue culture of mammalian cell lines
- Expertise in flow cytometry acquisition and analysis
- Experience with multi-parameter flow cytometry panels (10+ parameters)
- Familiar with protein conjugation techniques
- Familiar with cell surface protein quantitation techniques
- Have experienced in other common molecular biology and other laboratory techniques including ELISA, Immunoblot, PCR, and plasmid prep/cloning.
- Well-trained in aspectic manipulation/handling of reagents and samples
- Adhere to SOPs, and be capable of writing SOPs for novel methods
- Design, execute, and evaluate experiments – both independently and with others
- Assist in optimization and troubleshooting of technical challenges
- Participate and present at project meetings to discuss results
- Keep organized and detailed records using an electronic laboratory notebook
Ideal applicant would have a the following relevant experience:
- PhD in biochemistry or related field of biologic research and postdoctoral training in research utilizing antibodies
- Good understanding of methods of intracellular and surface staining
- Knowledge of protein internalization assay methods via FACS
- Familiar with antibody conjugation formats and principles
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Incentive stock option and healthcare benefit plans available
JLABS@TMC, Houston, Texas
Apply for Position:
Asylia Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.